About The Event
Bacchus Head Chef Massimo Speroni is set to welcome 2019 with a huge burst of bang-on-trend flavour combinations. In addition to the acclaimed a la carte and degustation menus he curates at the award-winning restaurant, he has announced that the first Seasonal Degustation for 2019 will be The Crudo, an eight-course dining experience of raw fish, crustaceans, meat and fruit. Dishes created in this style are set to be one of the biggest trends of the year.
Running from February 7th to March 9th, The Crudo follows in the flavour-filled footsteps of the highly successful 2018 Seasonal Degustation Program which paid culinary tribute to the Queensland Coast, Easter (Egg), Beef, Truffle and of course, the sold-out Valentino Marcattilii experience.
The Crudo Degustation from February 7 will feature:
• SNAPPER: this is prepared using a combination of Japanese and Italian techniques; the sashimi is served with fresh capsicum and dashi broth.
• TUNA: using A Grade tuna only from Queensland, it is quickly pan-seared, dipped into Yamaki soy sauce and dusted with white and black sesame seeds before being served with corn textures and sour cream.
• OYSTERS: celebrating the best fresh Australian oysters, these are served with caviar, as they should be!
• AMAEBI: these are Chef’s favourite Australian prawns. They are small, buttery and sweet and in this dish, are served with fresh watermelon water and crispy yogurt pearls.
• CALAMARI: this dish celebrates the flavour of the Calamari using Bacchus extra virgin olive oil, chilli, salt and water to season and prepare. It is served with wakame crackers.
• KINGFISH: presented as a twist on the ceviche, Chef uses red wine vinegar, fresh and confit tomato with the Kingfish done in a fast cure. The dish is served with radish and cucumber (fresh and jelly).
• BEEF: Bacchus uses the famous Black Market beef by Rangers Valley, a rare, highly marbled, pure Angus beef, with flavour heightened by the use of Parmigiano Cheese.
• FRUIT: the finale stars a strawberry semifreddo, glazed with different colours, served with candy, syrup and dust from local fruits of South East Queensland.
Bookings are essential.
To make your reservation contact Zachary
07 3364 0870 // firstname.lastname@example.org